FAQ - frequently asked questions
- Why should I decide to buy machines from Gestra CZ?
According to customers, our machines are unrivalled as the best, most efficient, most economical, and most trouble free, with excellent service and quick availability of spare parts.
- Why pay more for a Gestra splitting machine when there are cheaper options available?
Gestra splitting machines warrant quick recovery of investment, long working life, and our company provides quick customer service.
- Why do I have to answer lot of questions to obtain the price of your product?
We are interested in the conditions in which customer wants to operate our machine. We want to prepare the best and most suitable offer for our customer, according to his conditions.
- Why do you ask after our required amount of production?
We ask so we can discuss work organization with you according to our experiences.
- Why do you want to know whether we have quarried stone or dump stone?
Because dump stone creates more problems for splitting, and preparation for splitting, than quarried stone.
- Can I trade in my old machine and put it towards buying a new one?
Yes. In these cases we review a machine's wear, and the hydraulic aggregate wear, to decide whether a repurchase is possible.
- What advantages will your machines give me?
- long life span (the first machines have been operating for more then 16 years)
- less energy consumption
- unrivalled daily production
- quick recovery of investment
- fast and operative service
- spare parts delivery in no time
- Do products of Gestra CZ satisfy the standards of EU?
Yes, our machines are manufactured according to the relevant standards of the EU. We do risk analysis for all machines, and the machines' constructions go through strength analysis. We supply each machine certificate of compliance stating that these machines were manufactured in accordance with relevant standards.
- What influence do climatic conditions have on functionality of your product?
Because of climatic conditions our machines are equipped with cooling unit for oil and with heating unit. These units ensure the optimal operating temperature of the machine is maintained and extends the service life of the hydraulic aggregate and thereby service life of the whole machine. Our machines operate with equal quality and efficiency in Norway and in Brazil.
- What is the delivery time of yours machines?
Depending on the type and amount of machine - from 2 to 10 weeks, large splitting machines for blocks (depending on size) from 4 to 6 months.
- What are terms of delivery?
Depending on the type of machine and amount: up to 200 km DDU to the plant of the customer, in other cases EXW or FCA from our company's plant (Incoterms 2000).
- What are your terms of payment?
We offer two secured payment options: an advance payment of 30% with the remainder being paid in full before shipment or a payment plan. The payment can be made also in another way after an agreement with customer.
- Do you have any recommendation from satisfied customer?
We have very good references.
- How is it possible to manage a long service time of your machines?
By routine checks, maintenance and by ordered preventive service controls.
- How long is the warranty period?
12 months, when you order paid service - 24 months for spare parts
- How are machines delivered?
Within Europe we transport machines in a lorry, overseas they are transported in a container.
- How are the machines installed??
The smaller machines are constructed so that you do not need our company assistance for installation. The customer can do it. The larger machines and the production lines required special installations. Those installations are generally done by our company (or by our commercial representatives).
- Do you provide a training course for operators?
Yes. Our company (or commercial representative) provides training at the time of installation. In cases of long distances between us and customer we provide training courses in our company (including the possibility to train in the stone-splitting operation).
- How do you supply a service?
Simple defects (depending on machine setup) we try to do with the customer by phone. In case of necessary repairs we agree on the term of repair ( with respect to defect) and our service engineers are dispatched after 24 hours at the latest.
- What is the term of delivery of spare parts?
We always have the spare parts in stock. We usually send them by groupage services. In case of urgency we send spare parts by express delivery service (DHL, PPL, FedEx, etc.).
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate ask us.